Welcome Along on My Journey -- Please Enjoy & Come Back Again

Welcome and enjoy. To look at any painting or photo please double click on the picture to take a closer look and if you'd like to purchase please email me at joanne@neelygomez.com

I welcome your comments and hope that as we journey together you will find, as I do, that it's more fun making a journey along with others and with each new work or adventure there is also growth and expansion. Come back again soon.



Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Quick Diversion from Large Oil Painting in Progress

Since our recent RV trip to Northern New Mexico and train ride on the Cumbres Toltec, a friend moving to another state gave me a larger 30"x40" canvas she had begun painting on.  As I began painting an oil on the canvas I realized that the painting underneath can still be seen and that I need to go back to the way I painted in the beginning with oils and paint thin to thick.  So in order to build up the painting to the texture I want and cover the painting beneath I now have painted twice and this process will be a little more time consuming than what I've recently been used to.  I will post when this larger painting is finished.

The photo to the right is of a watercolor and colored Sharpie markers with acrylic background I titled "Pink Peony", an original painting I did last night as a diversion and break away from the larger oil painting.

No comments: