Welcome Along on My Journey -- Please Enjoy & Come Back Again

Welcome and enjoy. To look at any painting or photo please double click on the picture to take a closer look and if you'd like to purchase please email me at joanne@neelygomez.com

I welcome your comments and hope that as we journey together you will find, as I do, that it's more fun making a journey along with others and with each new work or adventure there is also growth and expansion. Come back again soon.



Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Momentary Delay

Had a momentary lapse in postings and painting due to a traffic accident last Friday and felt I needed to post something to my blog to let you know.  Grateful today for life as I was broadsided and had the other person hit my car just a little further back or at my driver's side door I might not be here today at all.  Funny that the thing that upset me most after seeing my car and thinking about all the circumstances surrounding my purchasing that car was the fact that I've felt recently so compelled to paint most all the time and just did not feel like even going into my art room, much less picking up a brush or pastels.  My usual happy, optimistic personality seemed overshadowed by aches and pains, irritability with the simplest of things and overwhelming feelings of anxiety and dullness in my thinking.

The title of this post is MOMENTARY DELAY ... that's what this is going to be as I am feeling the return of my usual happy, optimistic self.  Soon I hope to be back to my daily painting and artistic endeavors.  It's amazing to me how much love and support I have gained just by entering the "Twitter World" (smile) and connecting with so many other artists.  I hope that this is just the beginning for me.  I will end my typing with the wonderful words of Julia Cameron in her book "The Artist's Way" "Our creative dreams and yearnings come from a divine source.  As we move toward our dreams, we move toward our divinity." and Louis Armstrong when he said, in the same book "What we play is life."

No comments: