Welcome Along on My Journey -- Please Enjoy & Come Back Again

Welcome and enjoy. To look at any painting or photo please double click on the picture to take a closer look and if you'd like to purchase please email me at joanne@neelygomez.com

I welcome your comments and hope that as we journey together you will find, as I do, that it's more fun making a journey along with others and with each new work or adventure there is also growth and expansion. Come back again soon.



Saturday, June 29, 2013

"Hummingbird Tribute" Small 4"x5" Acrylic Painting for the Little Hummingbird that Didn't Make it

The other evening I found myself in my art studio doing some writing and happened to remember I'd prepped a small 4"x5" canvas with red background and picked up my paints and started painting.  The painting at the left was what came out of that spontaneous action.  Yesterday morning I picked it back up and finished it off, realizing that to me it represented that small hummingbird spirit I hand fed last Sunday morning that didn't make it.  Even though sad I know it is nature and all of my heartfelt concern and help sometimes cannot override what happens naturally in nature guided and nurtured by the Great Creator.  I was honored when a distant cousin remarked that she loved this little painting so much she'd even consider getting a tattoo of it (smile).  I have no tattoos myself though I felt VERY honored by her comment.

No comments: