Welcome Along on My Journey -- Please Enjoy & Come Back Again

Welcome and enjoy. To look at any painting or photo please double click on the picture to take a closer look and if you'd like to purchase please email me at joanne@neelygomez.com

I welcome your comments and hope that as we journey together you will find, as I do, that it's more fun making a journey along with others and with each new work or adventure there is also growth and expansion. Come back again soon.



Monday, June 24, 2013

Honorable Mention Ribbon Received from New Mexico Art League "Celebration of Summer" Event

Pleasantly surprised yesterday at the New Mexico Art League's "Celebration of Summer" event to find a ribbon next to my watercolor painting "Abiquiu Summer" with an honorable mention award.  My husband and I actually arrived late about 5pm (the event was 3-6pm) to an ongoing wonderful celebration with painting demonstrations, sales of plants, soaps, and coffee cart with specialty drink and items.  The artwork and raffle items were beautifully displayed and a friend and I, even though last minute partakers of raffle tickets, won raffle items which just topped off a fun, beautiful and friend filled day.

The morning started out with my hubby finding a hummingbird struggling in our backyard after apparently falling from the feeder (maybe a frenzied attack from another hummer, we don't know).
Here are some pictures my husband took of me gingerly feeding the little guy some sugar water in the hopes that it would recover and fly off.  That didn't happen and we were a bit sad in the afternoon when we found it didn't make it so we buried it in our garden area not far from where our beautiful australian shepherd rescued dog lies.

The surprise of the award and seeing friends and laughing and sharing really helped remind us that there is always beauty to be found, even in the midst of sadness and nature sometimes taking it's course.

The artwork displayed at the New Mexico Art League in Albuquerque will remain on display and for sale for a month, I was told. Starting bids are $25 for children's artwork and $75 for adult artwork. There is some beautiful artwork there to be seen so if you are in the area please stop by and see it!!!

No comments: