Welcome Along on My Journey -- Please Enjoy & Come Back Again

Welcome and enjoy. To look at any painting or photo please double click on the picture to take a closer look and if you'd like to purchase please email me at joanne@neelygomez.com

I welcome your comments and hope that as we journey together you will find, as I do, that it's more fun making a journey along with others and with each new work or adventure there is also growth and expansion. Come back again soon.



Thursday, November 8, 2012

November Update

October was a busy month for me and November is already becoming a bit busy too.  I raffled off an original 5"x7" original acrylic painting on wood board I call "Experimental Abstract Still" toward the end of October.  Here is a picture of it to the right.

So grateful to be released by my chiropractor this past week with clean bill of health from the traffic accident I was in way back in May of this year.

The painting to the left started out in an icon workshop I was attending.  We got as far as carving the board and life got busy and I left the workshop.  About a week ago I picked it back up and decided that rather than using organic materials as was suggested in the workshop I would paint my own version using my own colors and oil paints.  This is obviously a work in progress.

I've been connecting with other artists and enjoying some interest in my artwork from some local businesses.  This is so exciting for me as it helped me to get out of my comfort zone and self promote which I am not used to doing or real comfortable with.  While reading Julia Cameron's "The Artist's Way" one of the things I discovered about myself is that rather than having a huge fear of failure as many people do, I tend to have a fear of success.  That has been an obstacle in many ways in the past tho I feel like in connecting with other artists and putting myself out there and acknowledging that I, like my artwork, am a work in progress, that I just get to be myself and paint what I love and enjoy the process of self discovery.  I feel very blessed and grateful to have been given these gifts and do intend to paint as my way of giving back to my creator.

No comments: