Welcome Along on My Journey -- Please Enjoy & Come Back Again

Welcome and enjoy. To look at any painting or photo please double click on the picture to take a closer look and if you'd like to purchase please email me at joanne@neelygomez.com

I welcome your comments and hope that as we journey together you will find, as I do, that it's more fun making a journey along with others and with each new work or adventure there is also growth and expansion. Come back again soon.



Monday, November 19, 2012

A Few Hours in my Art Studio Painting Yesterday 18 November 2012

Yesterday I enjoyed a little time in my art studio doing some reworking of a couple of oil paintings and painting a small postcard sized acrylic painting, finishing it off with pen.

The first rework I did was a painting that started out in an icon workshop I decided to take.  We carved the board and talked about the significance of certain practices with traditional icon painting.  We arrived at a point in the workshop where it was mentioned to make an alter and place your icon on it around which candles should also be placed and then to worship and pray to this icon.  I had some issues with doing that part of the class and made my feelings known and withdrew.  The icon starting out was to be of Gabriel and that is what was carved onto the board there in the workshop.  As you can see my painting is of a woman so I consider this to be a "painting" of an angelic woman rather than an icon.  Also considering I used oil paints rather than traditional organic materials and painted my own version, the interpretation is strictly my own.  Even though the texture is rough I am quite happy with the result and now considered this to be "finished".

The second rework is of "San Antonio Church" an original oil painting of a church in the town of Placitas, New Mexico.  I believe I talked a little more at length about this painting in a previous posting below.

The last painting I did is on a small postcard sized piece of paper and is an original acrylic finished with black pen.  I had alot of fun just relaxing with this little painting even though not sure what I'll call it right now.

This morning I woke up feeling invigorated and decided it was time to get back on my treadmill and start getting in better shape.  I will ease back into this routine tho it feels better than I can say to feel healthy, happy and mostly recovered from the traffic accident which sidelined me awhile a little over six months ago.  Life is very very good and I'm so grateful I am here to enjoy every moment of it!

No comments: