Welcome Along on My Journey -- Please Enjoy & Come Back Again

Welcome and enjoy. To look at any painting or photo please double click on the picture to take a closer look and if you'd like to purchase please email me at joanne@neelygomez.com

I welcome your comments and hope that as we journey together you will find, as I do, that it's more fun making a journey along with others and with each new work or adventure there is also growth and expansion. Come back again soon.



Monday, March 5, 2018

November and December 2017 Update

November felt almost like a new beginning for me as evidenced by this photo I took of myself November 9th with the first oil seascape I painted while taking instruction from Mrs. Alice Goodman in 1998. Off of all medications for high blood pressure, having released almost 30 pounds and enjoying my life, husband, family and friends I also began feeling a new creative energy in my painting.

November 25th (the day after my birthday when I donated $210 to "Feed a Billion" and one day before our 34th wedding anniversary) I finished my "Orange Crepe Paper Poppies" oil on 3"x3" mini canvas and Challenge 15 for "Let's Paint New Mexico". Here is the photo and my completed painting.

In December I went to a goal setting workshop with one of my goals being to catch up with my "Let's Paint New Mexico 2017" challenge paintings before the end of the year as well as other paintings I had started and needed to finish to start fresh for 2018. I'm happy to say that December 17th I finished my oil painting commissioned by a dear friend and so will post the finished painting. It is an original oil painting on 16"x20" canvas titled "Wanapum Pride".


I combined my LPNM challenges 17, 18 and 21 with this mini oil painting "Nature's Gifts" on 4"x4" gallery wrapped canvas and that same evening my husband and I went to a dear friends home in Corrales where she hosted Los Posadas for Christmas. Here's photos of my finished little painting and of us at that beautiful and special event.

For Challenge 16 LPNM I did an oil painting on canvas that I mounted on watercolor postcard and named "New Mexico Postcard". 

Challenge 19 was a mixed media painting on pastel Mi-Tientes paper "Floral Surprise", leaving me with only three more challenges to finish on Christmas Eve 2017.

December 27th I completed Challenge 20 "Seco Sunset" my mini oil painting on 4"x6" canvas and also reworked my Challenge 10 oil painting on 8"x10" canvas "Jemez Valley Vermillion".

December 28th I received my order of art supplies from Dick Blick and got the news my nephew was stopping to visit on his way home to California after his road trip to Washington DC. What a great day combining two of my very favorite things in the whole world, family and art!!!

No comments: