Welcome Along on My Journey -- Please Enjoy & Come Back Again

Welcome and enjoy. To look at any painting or photo please double click on the picture to take a closer look and if you'd like to purchase please email me at joanne@neelygomez.com

I welcome your comments and hope that as we journey together you will find, as I do, that it's more fun making a journey along with others and with each new work or adventure there is also growth and expansion. Come back again soon.



Monday, March 5, 2018

Happy New Year & New Excitement with Life 2018

Beginning 2018 two challenge paintings were left to finish for "Let's Paint New Mexico 2017" and meet a goal I'd set for myself to finish 2017 well, even if a little late. So with that in mind, here is Challenge 21 my oil painting "Almost to Abiquiu" on 16"x20" canvas. I have to say that particularly with this painting I felt a distinct change and expansion in my painting that began last May with other changes in my life starting.

Next I began my final challenge painting for LPNM 2017 Challenge 22, oil on 16"x20" gallery wrapped canvas "Amazing Abiquiu". The sides are painted gold and this is a beautiful ready to hang piece of art that is available to purchase directly from me.

My first original painting for 2018 is "Sunset Sipping" an oil painting on 4"x6" watercolor postcard that I painted as my possible submission for the Twitter Art Exhibit being held in April in Canberra, Australia 2018. I decided I would paint three different 4"x6" paintings and choose one to submit for the show and sale.

In between paintings I started reading Dr. Daniel G. Amen's book "Making a Good Brain Great" along with some other inspirational and thought provoking reading material suggested in our goal setting workshop to stimulate and motivate new ideas and positive approaches to growth.

After receiving the photo for Challenge 1 for LPNM I completed this mini oil painting "Adobe Morning" on 3"x3" canvas.

My second 4"x6" postcard sized oil painting was
completed shortly after Challenge 1 and I pleasantly surprised myself with the detail I got on such a small sized painting. Also surprised I completed this painting in one day although I have to say I was exhausted by the end of my painting session (smile)!

Two hours of painting produced the final 4"x6" oil painting on Cotman Water Colour Postcard shown to the left "GorgeUS Taos". Next I had to determine which small postcard sized painting I should send to Canberra, Australia for the #TwitterArtExhibit.

To the left is a collage I put together to help make the decision of which painting to submit to Australia and to the right photo of my submission on it's way! I am more than happy and excited to be a participant of #TwitterArtExhibit one again this year with a worthy charity (Pegasus Riding for the Disabled of ACT Inc.) receiving 100% of the funds raised by the sale of these postcards.


I finished up the month of January with my oil painting "Rail Runner Express" on 8"x8" gallery wrapped canvas and Challenge 2 for "Let's Paint New Mexico 2018".

No comments: