Welcome Along on My Journey -- Please Enjoy & Come Back Again

Welcome and enjoy. To look at any painting or photo please double click on the picture to take a closer look and if you'd like to purchase please email me at joanne@neelygomez.com

I welcome your comments and hope that as we journey together you will find, as I do, that it's more fun making a journey along with others and with each new work or adventure there is also growth and expansion. Come back again soon.



Monday, March 5, 2018

Life Changes and Refocussing October 2017

In May 2017 my husband made the wonderful and life changing decision to have weight loss surgery after being told of a wonderful bariatric surgeon close by in Albuquerque, New Mexico who not only does does the surgery but also has classes/group meetings each week to educate and prepare for surgery and life after. Meeting Dr. Duc Vuong, head of bariatric surgery at Lovelace Hospital Westside, has been instrumental in bringing better health and living into our lives. I decided, myself, to begin "Dr. V's Diet Challenge" via Facebook and attend the weekly group meetings as support for my husband. My husband had his surgery October 2nd and because of Dr. Vuong's guidance released 70 pounds prior to surgery also getting off prescription medications for diabetes and high blood pressure. I can't begin to express my appreciation to Dr. Vuong and his team for his help and involvement in educating and motivating both of us to embrace his program in improving and expanding our lives. Here are pictures of my husband with Dr. Vuong, with one of his nurses, Amanda and another of my husband the end of October.

During the month of October I did a few paintings, starting with this mini oil painting on 4"x4" gallery wrapped canvas for Challenge 13 of "Let's Paint New Mexico". I thought of combining some of the photos I'd been sent from LPNM into one painting to speed up my process of catching up though decided against it even though I fell quite behind with the challenge paintings. I began to feel a change in my painting around this time which I attribute to my own better eating, exercising and expanding my mind by opening myself up to new friends, new ideas and motivational, inspiring words by my husband's doctor.

My husband was feeling so good by the end of October he
began making his recycled lamps, as he describes them, and we both had sales at The Blue Portal in Old Town of his lamps and some of my paintings/framed prints. Here are some photos of his lamps that sold and my original acrylic painting.

During this time I touched up/reworked my 2015
"Let's Paint New Mexico" challenge painting "Sacred Red" on 10"x10" gallery wrapped canvas, continued painting and progression of my commissioned painting for a dear friend while really noticing the change in my painting with completion of my Challenge 14 oil painting "Lone Hollyhocks" on 4"x4" gallery wrapped canvas.

No comments: