Welcome Along on My Journey -- Please Enjoy & Come Back Again

Welcome and enjoy. To look at any painting or photo please double click on the picture to take a closer look and if you'd like to purchase please email me at joanne@neelygomez.com

I welcome your comments and hope that as we journey together you will find, as I do, that it's more fun making a journey along with others and with each new work or adventure there is also growth and expansion. Come back again soon.



Monday, March 5, 2018

August and September 2017 Update

So much has happened since my last update August 1st so instead of trying to update everything in one post I've decided I will start with August and September with the paintings I did during this time. So the first painting I'll show is my mini original oil painting on 4"x4" gallery wrapped canvas "Hello New Mexico" and from the I-40 traveling across the border from Arizona into New Mexico eastbound.

Next I did a preliminary sketch with Prismacolor pencils and silver gel pen in preparation for a painting for "Let's Paint New Mexico 2017" challenge 12. Each participating artist is given a photo with a New Mexico theme and does their own rendition of that photo in whatever medium they choose. So here are my sketch and acrylic painting "Fence Descanso" on 5"x7" Canson Watercolor Postcard.

I reworked my original oil painting "San Antonio Mission circa 2000" and found a beautiful frame I think is perfect for it. This frame can be either hung on a wall or displayed on a shelf or tabletop and is available for purchase directly from me. If interested please email joanne@neelygomez.com to work out the details.

In September a dear friend of mine commissioned me to
paint an oil painting as a gift to her
daughter of a special horseback ride during a pow wow earlier in September. I started the painting in September and will post some  progression photos here, the painting carried through a few months and the finished painting along with photos of Destiny receiving it will be posted in following posts.

Working small toward the end of September I painted this mini oil painting on 3"x3" canvas, it was from a photo I took on our way home from California earlier in the year and near a dear friend's mother's home located somewhere between gallup and Bluewater in New Mexico. This was the last painting I did before a very busy time when I knew I'd need to focus on personal issues that would take me away from painting a little while.

No comments: