Welcome Along on My Journey -- Please Enjoy & Come Back Again

Welcome and enjoy. To look at any painting or photo please double click on the picture to take a closer look and if you'd like to purchase please email me at joanne@neelygomez.com

I welcome your comments and hope that as we journey together you will find, as I do, that it's more fun making a journey along with others and with each new work or adventure there is also growth and expansion. Come back again soon.



Friday, October 19, 2012

Beginnings of "San Antonio Church, Placitas, New Mexico" Original Oil on 5"x7" Wood Panel

I have had a package with grids in it for quite a few years and had not used it.  We came to New Mexico, I think it was twelve years ago, rented a car and drove all over the state but particularly loved Placitas and this little church in the picture to the left.  Last night I decided to finally try using the grid system so sketched the grid and this morning began this little oil painting below the picture about 6 a.m.  I only had about forty minutes to paint before getting ready and going to the dentist to have a crown put on.  I'm so excited now at this new process and can't wait to get on with this painting, however, I have a full day today and only time this morning to post this picture before spending time with dear friends.  I hope to return to this maybe this evening or tomorrow afternoon.  It feels like a new phase for me ... how exciting!


This little painting started out beautifully and then somehow along the line when I thought it was looking wonderful I invited someone to look at it and got some suggestions ... my first mistake was my invitation.  I thought I would have learned by now that I should trust my own gut feelings about my artwork more than midstream suggestions.  So, I redid it and then was so upset with myself that it was not the beautiful little painting I was inspired to paint.  I have to say it's okay and I know that not everything is going to look wonderful.  I have learned a lesson AGAIN and hope I don't make that mistake anymore.  Here is the finished little painting.  I had to just let go of all the expectations I had had and finish and move on to something else.  

No comments: