Welcome Along on My Journey -- Please Enjoy & Come Back Again

Welcome and enjoy. To look at any painting or photo please double click on the picture to take a closer look and if you'd like to purchase please email me at joanne@neelygomez.com

I welcome your comments and hope that as we journey together you will find, as I do, that it's more fun making a journey along with others and with each new work or adventure there is also growth and expansion. Come back again soon.



Monday, September 13, 2010

Not For Sale - My First Landscape Painting - 1997

My First Landscape Painting
40 x 44 oil on canvas 

This was the first landscape painting I did under the instruction and guidance of A. Goodman of Beaumont, CA.  She studied with Leon Franks, had painted at The Louvre and was a wonderful guide and mentor as well as becoming a good friend, she told me that at one time she and her husband owned Orange County Publishing in California.  She and her husband (whose pen name is Lee Martin) produced many lapidary (jewelry) making videos as well as cookbooks, dollmaking, knitting, fine china paintings, oil paintings, novels, did freelance writing and were on the staff of Rock and Gem Magazine.  Her classes, tho small with only about six to eight students, were highly anticipated each day as our breaks were filled with the culinary treasures Ms. Goodman treated us to.  We studied landscapes, seascapes, still life, and some snow scenes over a period of about eight months going from class studies to individual lessons.  I will be forever grateful to Ms. Goodman, she gifted me with my first French Easel that had been given to her by her husband, Marty, wouldn't take anything for it and only asked that "when you become famous you mention I gave you your first easel".