Welcome Along on My Journey -- Please Enjoy & Come Back Again

Welcome and enjoy. To look at any painting or photo please double click on the picture to take a closer look and if you'd like to purchase please email me at joanne@neelygomez.com

I welcome your comments and hope that as we journey together you will find, as I do, that it's more fun making a journey along with others and with each new work or adventure there is also growth and expansion. Come back again soon.



Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Let's Paint New Mexico Challenge C for Essence Gallery & Boutique Show in December

I've been busy trying to keep up with the "challenges" from "Let's
Paint New Mexico" for the December exhibit to be held in Old Town Albuquerque at Essence Gallery and Boutique.  To the left is the photo sent me for Challenge C for that show and to the right is my oil painting "Ristras for Sale" on 10x8" canvas. Sorry about the glare on the left side, trying to get a photo up as quickly as possible though I think you will get the idea.

Next to the left is Challenge D and to the right my oil painting "Gorgeous
Gorge" on 10x8" canvas, which I actually painted out of order and before I realized the above Challenge C came first.

Here, with my completed Challenge C are the beginnings of Challenge E and G (I somehow did not receive Challenge F until after I'd started on these two ... so hard keeping these straight and in order).

I received the next 4-6 challenges from LPNM though am putting those on the back burner until I get paintings done for my October 2nd opening as "Featured Artist" at Essence Gallery and Boutique in Old Town Albuquerque. I began a new 24x30" gallery wrapped oil painting yesterday and am very excited about doing it. If you are in the area and can stop by Essence October 2nd for some light refreshments and viewing some beautiful artwork we welcome you to join us. Balloon Fiesta begins the next day on Saturday and Old Town is bustling with visitors and there are wonderful shops, restaurants and festivities going on all over the area. I will try to keep you updated though it's time for me to paint, paint, paint (smile).

No comments: