Welcome Along on My Journey -- Please Enjoy & Come Back Again

Welcome and enjoy. To look at any painting or photo please double click on the picture to take a closer look and if you'd like to purchase please email me at joanne@neelygomez.com

I welcome your comments and hope that as we journey together you will find, as I do, that it's more fun making a journey along with others and with each new work or adventure there is also growth and expansion. Come back again soon.



Thursday, May 22, 2014

"Quieting the Mind, Releasing the Spirit"

The original oil painting "Quieting the Mind, Releasing the Spirit" was painted last night.  I dedicate this painting to the memory of two people from my past that I just discovered recently passed away last year. Although I thought I had grieved the loss of the relationships with both quite a few years ago, I realized in the midst of this painting that what I had not grieved was the sadness of the mental illness that was present in both and I was unaware of during the years we interacted.  They were instrumental in my finding that deep part of myself that is strong, loving, compassionate, non judgmental and independent.

By the time I finished this painting, which surprisingly took me very little time, I felt very blessed and grateful that today I am exactly where I'm supposed to be, with the people in my life God has placed so carefully there and that this mother and son are finally reunited with others they loved and have gained a peace that surpasses all human understanding.  Besides the title speaking of them, it speaks of my own spirit.  What a wonderful way to begin a new season, feeling creative and appreciating everything that God has so graciously placed in my life -- for all those people, places and things I am very grateful.

No comments: