Welcome Along on My Journey -- Please Enjoy & Come Back Again

Welcome and enjoy. To look at any painting or photo please double click on the picture to take a closer look and if you'd like to purchase please email me at joanne@neelygomez.com

I welcome your comments and hope that as we journey together you will find, as I do, that it's more fun making a journey along with others and with each new work or adventure there is also growth and expansion. Come back again soon.



Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Busy Time During the Past Week - "Beauty of the Valles Caldera" Finished Today

Last week I took this painting on the right to my friend and she and her husband have already installed it above their fireplace.  I have to admit it looks perfect there. I had also done some wedding invitation samples at the request of a friend's daughter though not my specialty and in keeping their privacy won't show pictures of the samples I created for them though they seemed very happy with the result.

Yesterday in order to get the creative juices flowing I had to paint SOMETHING but didn't really feel like working on the oil painting I started about a week ago so doodling created this little acrylic painting I'm calling "Limbering Up" in getting those creative juices flowing.

This morning have been fighting off a cold though found the time and had the motivation to finish the original oil painting on 9"x12" canvas I started last week "Beauty of the Valles Caldera".  I love this particular place in the Jemez Mountains of New Mexico and hope that love shows through in all the paintings I do of this beautiful and natural state I call home.  

No comments: