Welcome Along on My Journey -- Please Enjoy & Come Back Again

Welcome and enjoy. To look at any painting or photo please double click on the picture to take a closer look and if you'd like to purchase please email me at joanne@neelygomez.com

I welcome your comments and hope that as we journey together you will find, as I do, that it's more fun making a journey along with others and with each new work or adventure there is also growth and expansion. Come back again soon.



Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Time for an Update & Announcement/Information

Since my last update June 15th I had been thinking I needed a drastic change with my hair so to the left is a photo I took before I went to Studio N in Corrales and had Nicole cut my hair and the photo to the right is my "after photo". In the background of the photo is my first seascape oil painting of a Peter Ellenshaw painting my art instructor, Mrs. Alice Goodman of Beaumont, CA, owned. It has been a little over a month with my new hairstyle and although most times it feels like me I'm still getting used to it.

My husband and I took our 32 ft fifth wheel up to Jemez
Falls Campground in the Jemez mountains about 45 minutes from our house and got a permit to drive the back country of the Valles Caldera.  I was very inspired, as I always am, by the beauty of this pristine imploded volcano. The photos shown are two of many I took of that beauty.

Artwork inspired by the Valles Caldera and done while we were on our RV trip are shown here.  Left is an 8"x10" acrylic on canvas "Valles Sunset", to the right is a small abstract on 7"x5" Canson watercolor card "Abstract Shell Mountain Cloud", also my small 7"x5" on Canson w/c card acrylic "Summer Storm".

We had some wonderful family time for Fourth of July weekend when our daughter, nephew and a friend drove over for the weekend and we got to go view the "Killer Heels" exhibit at the Albuquerque Art Museum.

We've had a return of the monsoons with much needed rain and cooler temperatures and hummingbirds, hawks, woodpeckers, a roadrunner, lizards and a wonderful variety of birds visiting our backyard and the multitude of flowers we have popping up everywhere.

Here are pictures of some "just for fun" projects I did
as gifts for friends in keeping my creative juices flowing in between a very busy time for me.  Pics to the left are of a box I hand painted for a dear friend's birthday and to the right are a birdhouse I started way back in November or December for another dear friend.  It was fun trying to paint things for each that I thought they would love and appreciate. They both loved their gifts.

The most recent painting I did is an original oil painting inspired by a sunset I saw while in Corrales, NM after having dinner with a friend.  This was one of those days that was very hot and as the sun started to go down a monsoon rain was fast approaching.  I call this 10"x8" original oil painting on canvas "Stormy Sunset".

My great news is that from the artwork I have at Essence Gallery and Boutique in Old Town Albuquerque at 323 Romero St. NW, Suite 1, two paintings have sold within the last month. The first "Pedernal from the Rio" pictured to the left to a couple from Albuquerque and "Nature's Blazing Sky"
to the right by partners from Orlando, FL.  When I took two paintings in yesterday to replace the two sold I was asked by the owner if I would like to be their "Featured Artist" for the month of October. Of course I said yes and am quite honored and grateful that October is Balloon Fiesta and one of the busiest times in Albuquerque.  I'm also grateful to owner, Jillian Maresco, for all the love and attention she puts into her beautiful art gallery and representation of myself and my artwork.  I hope all that can will put the opening on their calendar and come and support me (and maybe buy some beautiful artwork) or if you can't make the opening my artwork will be at the gallery for the month of October.  Come visit Albuquerque and the Balloon Fiesta, it is well worth the time and expense.

No comments: