Welcome Along on My Journey -- Please Enjoy & Come Back Again

Welcome and enjoy. To look at any painting or photo please double click on the picture to take a closer look and if you'd like to purchase please email me at joanne@neelygomez.com

I welcome your comments and hope that as we journey together you will find, as I do, that it's more fun making a journey along with others and with each new work or adventure there is also growth and expansion. Come back again soon.



Friday, May 22, 2015

Challenge 11 for Let's Paint New Mexico and New Original Floral Oil Painting

Just after updating I received two photos from Let's Paint New Mexico for their Challenge 11.  That same night I decided to try the first photo and see what I could come up with.  To the left is the first photo sent me and to the right my oil painting rendition I call "Wild in Carrizozo" on 10"x8" canvas. I am still in the process of painting from the second photo I was sent from the Let's Paint New Mexico website.

A couple nights after doing the first painting for Challenge 11, I picked up an 8"x10" canvas that I had experimented with different backgrounds on and painted my original oil floral "Honoring the Hydrangea" shown to the right.

I have been so inspired by the beauty that is popping up all over New Mexico of late due to the wettest May anyone can remember. We are looking forward to an extended spring with showers and cooler temperatures than normal through June. It's wonderful to see so much green and the colors of bountiful flowers and blooms.

No comments: