Welcome Along on My Journey -- Please Enjoy & Come Back Again

Welcome and enjoy. To look at any painting or photo please double click on the picture to take a closer look and if you'd like to purchase please email me at joanne@neelygomez.com

I welcome your comments and hope that as we journey together you will find, as I do, that it's more fun making a journey along with others and with each new work or adventure there is also growth and expansion. Come back again soon.



Saturday, June 18, 2011

June 2011 -- Study of Hollyhocks with Ant Exploring

My intention has been to first do a prismacolor pencil drawing of these hollyhock blooms with ant(s) exploring, secondly to do a watercolor painting of the same subject and thirdly to do an oil painting so I suppose this could be considered "a study". 

I'm grateful that an artist friend suggested me reading "Art & Fear" and I stumbled across this statement "Requiring perfection invites paralysis" as my art is definitely not perfect (I know where the errors/imperfections are) tho I am making progress in choosing to display knowing that in some mediums it's easier to make those corrections than in others.  So this is my first installment and I still have the second and third to present to you.

No comments: