Welcome Along on My Journey -- Please Enjoy & Come Back Again

Welcome and enjoy. To look at any painting or photo please double click on the picture to take a closer look and if you'd like to purchase please email me at joanne@neelygomez.com

I welcome your comments and hope that as we journey together you will find, as I do, that it's more fun making a journey along with others and with each new work or adventure there is also growth and expansion. Come back again soon.



Friday, November 9, 2012

Submitted Artwork to #twitterartexhibit and Wonderful Day of Art Today

This morning on the way to enjoying a day of art at Expo New Mexico in Albuquerque we stopped by the post office to mail my submissions to the #twitterartexhibit.  One of the submissions is shown in a previous posting on this artblog below in October and the picture to the left is a postcard size acrylic I painted this morning as my second submission.

What a wonderful day of visiting artist friends and viewing such beautiful artwork.  We started out at the show for the Pastel Society at Expo New Mexico, then walked a short distance to Weems Artfest and I have to say this was the best time I've had at this show in the years we've been going. After Weems we went to the African American building toward the front of Expo New Mexico and viewed all the entries for RGAA's Encantada art show.  That wasn't even the finish of our day as we were given a tour of the theater in the same building by two very informative and wonderful gentleman who explained the different jazz artists and movie showings and venues that are presented in this beautiful theater.

On the way home I was taking pictures as it was such a beautiful day, quite crisp and fresh after a light rain the entire time we were walking around Expo New Mexico, and the shadows were just gorgeous on the Sandia Mountains just north of Albuquerque off of Interstate 25 on our way home.  You can judge for yourself with the picture I've posted here.  What a wonderful end to a glorious, fun day being motivated, encouraged, inspired and grateful to be alive and living in such a beautiful natural environment.

No comments: